Privacy & Cookies Policy
When you place an order it is recorded on our secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Golding is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to inform you about developments. When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address and credit or debit card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status. We also ask for your telephone number: this lets us contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order.
We use your shopping patterns to help us advise you about merchandise that you might find interesting. We also look at customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of our website. We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Website and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
We may pass your information to third parties:
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- In relation to existing or future legal proceedings
- In the process of selling our business or integrating with another business your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisors, and would be passed on to the new owners of the business
- Our carefully chosen business partners who perform services on our behalf such as credit card processors and data management firms
Information we collect:
- Name, address and job title
- Contact information including telephone number and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Analytical information provided by cookies - See Cookies below
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties) for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for
- To help us identify you when you contact us
- For general administration purposes
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering
- To help us recover fraudulent payments
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services
Communicating with you:
- We may periodically send you promotional brochures and emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- We undertake not to provide you with any communication that you do not require. If you don't wish to receive communication by any of the following methods; post, fax, telephone and e-mail, please inform us of your preference to opt-out of these services
We value your custom, as much as you value your privacy, so do our utmost to ensure your information is secure with us. However, please be aware that when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet, on occasions may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Cookies are a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come from, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Cookies not only provide businesses with analytical data, such as general location, browser type and other information, but they also enable your computer to navigate a website much quicker. Cookies are also needed in the process of purchasing. You do have the option on your computer to disable cookies, but this may impair and limit your shopping experience on our website. If you object to receiving Cookies from us, we recommend that you either disable your browsers ability to collect Cookies, or do not use our website. The Cookies we use neither invade your privacy, or are harmful to your equipment. Our Website providers are
Unit 5, Saxilby Enterprise Park
We also use Google Analytics to capture and analysis data; www.google.com/analytics/
These partners may change in time, but we will only work with reputable organisations that ensure security and privacy
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests
- To compile anonymous aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Some of our web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Can I turn off cookies?
Cookies that are used on our Website
Here are the Cookies that appeared on the last audit of our website that was conducted by IOCEA Ltd. These may differ in time, but at audit they included;
- __utmz stores where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
- __utma stores each user's amount of visits, and the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit (presumably partly for double checking of this information).
- __utmb and __utmc are used to check approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends (c expires quickly)
Changing Cookies Settings
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. You can find information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
Providing Information To Us
You are responsible for informing us of any changes in your details such as change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. We will charge you a small fee for this (the statutory fee is currently £10).You may contact us at the address below for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
Golding Head Office
W D Coe Ltd
20-28 Norwich Road
Tel: (01638) 263106
E-MAIL: Please use the contact form
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training purposes.